Going places with Teletext Holidays
Epiphany works with Teletext to provide SEO, PPC and Conversion Rate Optimisation campaigns.
When we embarked on our journey with Teletext Holidays in April 2011, they already had a large volume of audit documentation from their previous agency, which had performed poorly. We analysed the recommendations made within the audit and found that significant issues had been overlooked.
PPC Results - Achieved without increasing media spend
- 60% overall increase in sales, causing their lowest ever cost per acquisition.
- 25% reduction in cost per click
- 14% increase in conversion rates
- 40% reduction in cost per conversion
- We managed to achieve a 45% year-on-year increase in non-brand organic search traffic
- The site also saw a strong outcome from Google’s Penguin 2.0 algorithm update, being noted across the industry for gaining the most traffic as a result of the update
To achieve these results we focused on restructuring the PPC account in Adwords to allow for effective bid management and reliable advert testing. These changes, amongst others, allowed us to gain a huge impression share for the Teletext campaign.
Alongside the above, we concentrated on improving site structure and content; this was led by gathering an understanding of what Teletext Holidays' customers want to see on the site. New destination guides were produced to enhance the user’s experience. This also had a positive effect on long-tail search terms, gaining a presence within location based SERP’s and expanding the reach of the Teletext Holidays online brand.
Several creative content pieces have featured in the campaign. These form part of the much wider strategy which contributed to the achievement of first place organic ranking for the highly-competitive term ‘holidays’.
The site also saw a strong outcome from Google’s Penguin 2.0 algorithm update, being noted across the industry for gaining the most traffic as a result of the update.
We have recently launched the Family Survival Survey which shows what families worry about when going on holiday. Take a look.