We're looking for a Video Director & Editor to join our production team in Leeds.
To fulfill this role you are a Video Director & Editor who creates original and exciting video content. You’ll be responsible for the pre-production, filming and post production of client briefs. This ranges from online content, social & PR videos and advertising. You’ll work with our creative team of 3D, motion and web designers. Shoot dates will be built by and around you. This is a role that requires multiple skills, part Producer, Director & Editor.
This is a challenging but rewarding role; bring ideas, an eye for detail, a collaborative nature and a passion for all things film.
You are outgoing, friendly and enjoy working with others to make things happen. Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative, you seek meaning and connection in the ideas.
You have an original mind and great drive for implementing ideas and achieving your goals. Curious, quick to see possibilities, you take on being the catalysts for the team to deliver.In achieving the creative vision you are organized and decisive.
You want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others, able to put yourself in other people's shoes.
Our agency includes many different teams and skill sets. Growing from an SEO background the agency now includes; Earned Media, PR, Social, PPC, Display and the Studio. The Studio delivers content for all these areas and direct to brands.
We’re a department of 40+ people made up of content and script writers, motion designers, interactive designers, project managers and developers. Delivering; film / video content, animation, 3D, interactive and web site builds.
The Studio is a smörgåsbord of disciplines that come together to deliver exciting work for our clients. This is an environment to appreciate our range of skills and utilise them creatively to elevate the ideas.
- Create original and exciting video content
- Pre-production, filming and post-production of client briefs
- Delegate and collaborate with the wider studio team
- Inspire and motivate the studio team through your work and approach
- Assist the Creative Director with pitch work and quotes
- Be able to prepare and control the production budget
- Ensure compliance with regulations and codes of practice
- Directed commercially focused work in the past
- Have considerable experience directing and editing
- Degree in Film-making or equivalent
- Have a deep passion for filmmaking
- Have exceptional artistic vision and creative skills
- Have good team working skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Remain calm and think clearly under pressure
- Have highly developed aesthetic visual awareness
- Have imagination and an understanding of narrative
- Be diplomatic and sensitive when working with clients
- Pay attention to detail
- Have an extensive understanding of the entire filmmaking process, from both technical and creative points of view
- An understanding of the relevant health and safety laws and ability to produce a risk assessment
- Have a full driving license, comfortable with traveling to film outside of the office
- Know how to operate the camera and sound recording equipment expertly
- Have good working knowledge of all camera systems, lenses, support equipment and accessories
- Have a good sense of visual composition, perspective and movement
- Combine creativity with technical skills
- Have in-depth knowledge of cameras and cinematography
- Have knowledge of lighting techniques and how to achieve them
- Be diplomatic and sensitive when working with actors and crew
- Have wide experience of the post production process
- Have technical aptitude in Adobe After Effects & DaVinci Resolve
- Understand storytelling to create rhythm, pace and emotion
- Have an understanding of editing techniques
- An ear for music and SFX that can elevate an edit
- Experimented with 360º formats
- Experience with publishing Facebook Live content