Video Director & Editor
Junior PHP Developer.
Epiphany's Systems Development team builds tools and applications to support the business and also develops bespoke systems for clients. The company's success and growth means we have an opening for a junior PHP developer to join the team. The successful candidate will be involved in all stages of developing tools; from scoping and requirements to deployment and maintenance.
Working in a small team of developers, in conjunction with our award-winning design team and front-end developers you will harness the latest technologies and techniques to deliver the vital monitoring, analaysis and process tools on which the core business relies.
You will need to be an enthusiastic developer with a passion for producing solid, maintainable software and a mind suited to solving complex problems. Commercial experience using PHP is not necessary though it is beneficial and you should have at least some experience using PHP or a similar language.
- Work as part of a small development team to specify, develop and maintain software systems
- Liase with other departments to understand their requirements for tools and visualise solutions
- Provide realistic estimates for delivery of work
- Write clean, well-documented, tested and re-usable code
- PHP (or an equivalent language and a strong desire to work with PHP)
- MySQL (or similar SQL database)
- Understanding of OOP
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Symfony 2 (or Laravel or Zend)
- BDD with PHPSpec
- Unit Testing with PHPUnit