Epiphany’s multi award-winning studio is looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join the team in Leeds. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering a wide-range of projects on-time and on-budget for our clients - as well as continuing to develop the technical excellence of our team.
Senior Front-End Developer
About the role
Epiphany has one of the most celebrated digital studios in the UK, with a total of 26 FWA and Awwwards awards.
This role will play a vital part in pushing our front-end development team forwards; mentoring and working closely with the rest of the team.
As a consequence we require someone with award-winning pedigree who is keen to use the very latest web technologies, as well as someone who is experienced in developing highly-polished, full-scale websites. Demonstrable experience in these areas is a must.
Full-stack experience, particularly when it comes to developing, deploying and maintaining small sites and blogs (including Wordpress and Perch) is also considered essential.
This position would be ideally suited to someone with a number of years experience, who is either already a Senior or sees progression into the role as a natural next step.
You’ll be required to:
- Develop, test and deliver unique, interactive experiences and full-scale websites using the latest front-end technologies.
- Write clean, well-documented code. Producing high quality solutions that comply to the ‘umbrella principal’ (DRY, YAGNI, KISS).
- Playing a senior role in Research and Development within the Web Development team, ensuring its success and demonstrating its value to the immediate and wider business.
- Commitment to keeping us at the cutting edge of technology. Identifying new (and existing) technology that lets us create better solutions. Demonstrating how it works and could be applied to the rest of the team
- Proactively sharing existing and new technology to the immediate and wider business
- Work with the development team to spread knowledge and develop resources
- Ensuring projects are thoroughly scoped out and understood before commencement so that we know what we need to deliver for our client(s) and their expectations are clearly set.
- Delivering work on time and on (or exceeding) specification & requirements through responsibility for scoping, quoting, planning and delivery, identifying issues/bottlenecks and finding good solutions to issues.
- Inputting into strategic planning for the team, such as team structure, technology choices, budget, hiring and interviewing processes.
- Liaising directly with clients when required to help build strong relationships, grow clients, resolve issues and create added value.
- Ensuring that the success of the department and team are effectively promoted and recognised both internally and externally.
- Identifying and implementing tools and methodologies to improve our processes.
- Supporting the sales process by assisting with a variety of tasks, including: quoting, RFP responses, pitches, demos, follow-up meetings, handovers and any other required actions.
- Very strong classic HTML and HTML5
- Solid CSS, CSS3, LESS and SASS knowledge and a good level of experience with CSS3 animations
- Strong skills with responsive and mobile techniques
- Working knowledge of PHP & MySQL
- Award-winning front-end development skills
- Innovative thinking
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with leading CMS solutions
- Knowledge of tools & frameworks such as Grunt, Node, Bower, Require, etc
- A friendly and approachable attitude
- Strong team working skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Consistently proactive
- Trustworthy and amicable
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated, self-aware, self-disciplined and self-confident
- Ability to assess and resolve issues with calm and urgency where required
- Liaise with other departments, third parties and clients effectively