Digital Designer - Middleweight
About the role
You will be designing cutting-edge interfaces for web sites and other interactive projects from concept through to creation.
You should have a growing portfolio that you are proud to share and which contains a mixture of commercial web design projects and conceptual thinking. With a focus on delivering the best user experience possible across multiple device formats.
We are looking for someone with an appreciation for the technical considerations of modern, efficient web design and front-end development. The role requires the successful candidate to become a key member of Epiphany’s studio. You will be expected to work closely with other designers and support senior creatives, as well as developers, UX specialists and content strategists. In developing user focused designs that convert and delight through collaboration and decision making.
This is a role that will see the successful candidate interact with all levels of our agency and clients’ businesses. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to express and enthuse your ideas - and the skills to tackle complex business or brand problems through design.
You’ll be required to:
- Design of commercially focused and user friendly websites (small-to-medium scale) and (medium-to-large scale) creative content pieces in accordance with the brief, any brand guidelines, SEO, CRO/UX recommendations set
- Comfortable working with minimal information and brief at concept stage
- Producing concepts and assets for smaller scale projects such as display creative and other smaller assets required for social or outreach purposes
- Quoting for design work on a small-medium scale
- Representing the creative team in the generation and implementation of innovative and creative ideas for new and existing clients via brainstorms, sketching sessions or other internal/client meetings
- Working closely with our development team, account managers, UX team, project managers and clients
- Creating of lo-fi prototypes for user testing
- Considering audience and device - taking advantage of the latest in mobile and browser technologies - when generating ideas and designing for our clients
- Ensuring designs are of a high standard, meet the brief and embody UX best practices
- Maintain positive relationships and communicate regularly with the design team and other internal teams, in particular the copy, project management and development teams
- Provide design and production support to other colleagues and departments when called upon
- Solid foundation in visual design
- Adept in Photoshop, Illustrator, XD and Sketch
- Strong communication skills
- Solid commercial experience
- A passion for digital design
- A keen eye for type and layout
- A strong understanding of UX design principles
- Interactive design skills
- Motion graphics software skills (Premiere Pro, After Effects)