1st Line IT Support Technician
About the role
As an experienced 1st line technician you will be expected to support the implementation of new IT processes, deal with end-user incidents and resolve IT infrastructure issues for internal and remote users across an estate consisting of Microsoft and Apple desktop and server technologies
Typical working hours are between 9-5.30pm, Monday to Friday but support may be required outside of these hours. The role will involve some UK travel to our other offices therefore a full UK driving licence and owning your own vehicle is a prerequisite.
You’ll be required to:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Manage day to day requests through the support desk ticketing system
- Organise troubleshooting or repair when necessary for IT equipment
- Maintain backups appropriate to business requirements
- Patching of network and phones
- Maintain network and user security
- Ensure all systems are patched in-line with internal network security policy
- Track inventory and status for hardware and software
- Undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Proven investigation and troubleshooting skills
- Experience within IT service delivery / Helpdesk
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Strong networking skillset (DNS/DHCP/TCP/IP)
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Windows 10 and Apple Mac OSX
- Microsoft Office 365 and G Suite
- Basic Microsoft Hyper-V Server / VMware experience
- Microsoft or other accredited qualifications (ITIL)
- A confident and personable character.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership for what they do.
- Demonstrate a desire to acquire new skill sets and technologies.
- React well under pressure and is comfortable working in potentially high-pressure situations.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Flexible and willing to work to task completion beyond normal business hours, if necessary.
- Must be able to manage relationships with other members of the company and peers
- Server and Switch management
- MS & Apple PC/Desktop/Laptop deployment (SCCM)
- Linux experience
- PowerShell experience
- SQL Server