As a leading search specialist, we like to promote best practice and provide detailed insight into the industry. We conduct regular, in-depth industry analysis for a variety of sectors to help digital marketers plan their search strategies.
Our award-winning teams pride themselves on being at the cutting edge of the industry, possessing an unparalleled grasp of the science behind search and digital marketing.
Our latest report illustrates just how sophisticated and competitive the online travel market is. However, it also highlights areas in which even the most visible brands can improve their presence, particularly when it comes to Universal Search.
- 36.3 million Brits took a holiday between Sept 2010/11
- 66% of the most visible sites are online-only travel brands
- 1/5 of Brits regard a longer trip overseas as a necessity that they could not do without
- Tailor Customers are looking for travel companies to provide highly-personalised holidays tailored to them
- 50% of the most visible sites incorporate retargeting in their campaign
- only 27% of the 30 most visible sites use Social Extensions
- Most visible TripAdvisor is the most visible brand as a result of strong organic activity
- A focus on improving keywords on page 2 could have a big impact for most sites
Despite all the challenges presented to the industry and several of its popular travel destinations, its resilience was demonstrated with the announcement that turnover in 2011 increased by £2 billion.
36.3 million people (90 per cent of the UK population) took a holiday between September 2010 and 2011, reiterating the importance of going on holiday to Brits, regardless of economic pressures and other challenging factors.
Over 50 per cent of all consumers who booked a foreign holiday did so through a travel agent or tour operator, bringing about high rankings in search results while also improving visibility and awareness - invaluable to the brands who want to compete in this difficult climate.
Our Travel Sector Report gives an overview of the travel market, providing detailed insights into the key trends of the market forecast for 2012 with references to all popular long, mid and short-haul destinations.
Our analysts use a range of tools - including Searchmetrics data - to produce our sector reports.