As a leading search marketing specialist, we believe it is vital to provide detailed insight into the industry to promote best practise. We regularly carry out in-depth industry specific analysis and guest write on prominent sites, such as Econsultancy.
Our published and award-winning teams pride themselves on being at the cutting edge of search marketing, with an unparalleled grasp and understanding of the industry.
This report reviews the search marketing strategies of the most visible UK financial services websites, using a host of data sources and tools such as Searchmetrics search and social analytics software.
Our free sector reports are available by request to all client side marketers, just fill in the form on the right and we'll have a copy sent to you as soon as possible.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss this report or request some bespoke analysis on your website.
- 80% of top ten most visible sites are online-only providers
- PPC Moneysupermarket is the most visible brand for Paid search
- 25% of the Top 20 most visible paid search advertisers are utilising all the tools offered by Google to improve their campaign performance
- Many supermarkets' own financial services feature heavily in the top most visible brands through paid search
- SEO Moneysavingexpert is the most visible brand in the natural search rankings
- Comparison sites feature heavily in the top 20 most visbile brands in both paid and organic search
Sites that are more visible in search stand a greater chance of attracting sales from consumers who are using millions of financial services related search queries in the UK every week.
However, many well established UK financial services brands are struggling to rank for their key terms in the face of stiff competition, especially from specifically online-only companies.
Over half of the top 20 most visible financial services company websites for both organic and paid search are from online-only providers, including price comparison sites.
Within this report, our SEO and PPC experts discuss the analysis of the latest research into how financial services brands are performing, reviewing their strategies and offering expert insight and advice.