To celebrate the much loved National Look Alike Day today (I know, I’d never heard of it either), I have put together a collection of some of the best SEO look alikes in our industry!
Whilst attending the SEOmoz Pro SEO seminar back in 2010, myself and Andy Heaps spotted some great look alikes of both speakers and attendees that we had never noticed before, most notably Will Critchlow and Stephen Pavlovich. After the conference I had every intention of writing up a funny little blog post about their uncanny likeness to two other well-known figures, yet other things (arguably more important things) came up and I forgot.
However, the look alike post was rekindled last month, when a bunch of the team from Epiphany went to the Think Visibility conference in Leeds. During one of the morning sessions, Malcolm tweeted an amazing shout of Jason Duke as he was on stage attempting to help fix the ailing WiFi, and so I set about putting together a whole host of other look alikes from in and around the SEO industry.
Therefore I hereby give you my top 10 SEO look alikes!
(All in the name of fun, of course!)
1. Will Critchlow (Distilled) vs. David Miliband (Labour MP)
2. Stephen Pavlovich (Conversion Factory) vs. Dave Gorman (Comedian)
3. Ben Hendrickson (SEOmoz) vs. Stephen Merchant (Comedian)
4. Dom Hodgeson (Hodgetastic) vs. Bobby Hill (King of the Hill)
5. Jason Duke (StrangeLogic) vs. Ben Elton (Comedian)
6. Paul Madden (aka SEOidiot) vs. Phil Mitchell (Eastenders)
7. Daniel Hoggan (MediaWorks) vs. Kurt Hummel (Glee)
8. Paul Smith (Twitchhiker) vs. Al Murray (Comedian)
9. Rand Fishkin (SEOmoz) vs. Matthew Broderick (Actor)
10. Pete Cashmore (Mashable) vs. Justin Timberlake (Singer)
I tried my hardest to rustle up some good look alikes for the likes of Matt Cutts and Danny Sullivan but alas, I could not. If you have any other amazing look alikes, let me know in the comments below and I might add them retrospectively to the post.
Happy Look-Alike Day!
11. Jake Rainbow (Epiphany) vs. Michael McIntyre (Comedian)
One from the Epiphany offices!
12. Kieron Hughes (PushOn) vs. Charlie Adams (Footballer)
Simon Wharton tweeted our first sporting professional shout of Kieron Hughes as Charlie Adams.