- 346% Year on year page views over 2 weeks from launch
- stumbles generated ... 200
Year on year there has been a 798% increase in organic non-brand landing page visits to pages of books in the timeline
- 96% organic views to featured book pages up
- 74 tweets from some renowned names
262% increase in organic landing page visits, comparing the week before and after the timeline launch
- invaluable Huffington Post links generated by the timeline: 5
Our vampire timeline was designed to increase visibility for Halloween related terms for Waterstones and to get the most out of interest in the Halloween period. It was important to create content that would work in conjunction with Waterstones' own promotional events and make the most of the Halloween period, in order to boost sales of their range of horror themed books.
During the week that the vampire timeline launched, there was a 96% increase in organic page views to the featured book pages.
The year on year increase in page views over the two weeks following the launch was 346%.
The timeline attracted:
- 74 tweets influential figures including The Literacy Trust, Oxford University Press and renowned horror author Rachel Caine
- 93 'Diggs'
- 200+ 'Stumbles'
- 5 'invaluable' links from the Huffington Post
There was a 262% increase in organic landing page visits when comparing the week before to the week after the launch and a 798% year on year increase for organic non-brand landing page visits to the pages for books included within the timeline.
This accounts for the majority of the organic traffic increase and therefore suggests that increased rankings were in fact the reason for the increase rather than increased brand interest.
Additional achievements directly from the timeline include:
- Visibility for the title phrases of the books included in the timeline increased from 7.59% to 11.53% from the start of the campaign to the 5th of November
- Visibility for phrases relating to author names increased throughout the same period, from 7.18% on the 28th of October to 11.71% on the 13th of November
- Current visibility is 13.79%, showing a long term impact of the timeline
The timeline resulted in a significant overall year on year increase for landing page visits, to the pages of books in the timeline, indicating an increase in various phrases searched for that relate to these pages.
There was an increase of 157 sales, relating to page views, for the vampire book titles when comparing the two weeks following the launch to the average of the 8 weeks previous.